Zachary B. Mack is Of Counsel at Salvatore Prescott Porter & Porter, PLLC. Priding himself on establishing and maintaining a personal connection to his clients, Zachary enjoys handling his cases from initial client consultation through to closing arguments at trial. He has broad litigation experience in both state and federal courts, with a comprehensive background in the area of employment litigation – handling discrimination, retaliation, hostile work environment, breach of contract, severance negotiations, and other employment-related claims.
Zachary also has extensive experience representing individuals and companies in contract matters and business tort litigation, with a specialized focus on sales representative commission disputes. Many of Zachary’s long-time clients are sales representatives, who routinely turn to him for advice regarding contract negotiations, as well as representation in commission litigation throughout the country.
Prior to his affiliation with Salvatore Prescott Porter & Porter, PLLC, Zachary for nearly a decade ran his own firm. Prior to that, he was a Senior Associate at Warnicke & Wigent, PLLC and Warnicke Law Firm.
Zachary is a member of the State Bar Labor and Employment Law Section, has spoken for the Section, and participated on the Labor and Employment Law Section’s E-Newsletter Committee. He is also a member of the Michigan Association for Justice, is a JPAC monthly contributor, and has spoken for the association, including: Spotting Employment Law Issues & Other Remedies, MAJ Annual Workers’ Compensation/Social Security Seminar, January 2017.
Zachary graduated from Albion College with a B.A. in political science and philosophy, and received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Michigan State College of Law in 2002.
Awards / Recognition
- Super Lawyers, “Michigan Rising Star” Labor and Employment; 2009, 2012-2016
- Eastern District of Michigan, Federal Bar Association Pro Bono Honoree, 2004-2015
- American Jurisprudence Award, Evidence, MSU College of Law
- Representation of employees and employers in administrative claims and litigation involving discrimination, harassment, whistleblowing, and retaliation
- Representation of sales representatives in sales commission disputes with both U.S. and foreign-based companies
- Representation of individuals and companies in non-compete litigation and various contract and business tort disputes
- Representation of individuals and companies in contract negotiations and formation
Zachary is a member of the Michigan bar, and is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan; U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois; and U.S. District Court, Western/Eastern District of Arkansas. In addition to his standing admissions, Zachary has been admitted to practice pro hac vice in various state and federal courts around the country.